Army Strong 🇺🇸
- •My brother's friend WC died yesterday while serving in Iraq.He's only 25. This was his first deployment.
- •Jared found out this morning and texted me the news.
- •His name was Weston Lee.They were in the corps of cadets together at the University of North Georgia and in the same fraternity. He was three years older than Jared and looked out for him when he was a FROG recruit.
- •I didn't know what to say to Jared. I still don't know what to say or do for him. I cried this morning after hearing the news. It's breaking my heart.Jared kept telling me how he couldn't believe it, how they were just snap chatting each other last week. And this week he's gone and he died brutally.
- •I've put together a care package for Jared and his fraternity brothers but it doesn't feel like enough. How can you make something like this better?
- •Jared invalided out of the corps when he was twenty due to some back problems, and I was so selfishly relieved.I was always afraid he'd commission and be sent to serve overseas. This photo's from his acceptance ceremony, and seeing him in his Army uniform made me so proud and so scared.
- •So I can't even begin to imagine how Weston's parents and family and girlfriend feel. How terribly sad and heartbroken they must be, how awfully proud of their boy and how grief stricken in their loss. I'm praying for them tonight.
- •Thank you for your service, your bravery, and your sacrifice, 1st Lieutenant Lee. We will remember.