Cheap Things in My Apartment That I Love.
I'm 25 so everything is on the cheap including decorating. I live alone (introvert) so this apartment is an eccentric bird nest. P.S. My apartment building was built in 1922. 😍 I sublet from the owners. They live in India and are definitely not charging me a fair price for this place. I feel bad about that sometimes but not enough to pay more.
- 1.Is it tacky to talk money?I guess I don't care.
- 2.Glass bottle with a candlestick.I have candles everywhere. Candle stick holders are usually pretty cheap at thrift stores and I have plenty of those too, but a glass bottle with a candle just looks cool to me, ok? Bottle- $2 at Michael's,candle $1 at ikea.
- 3.This bunch of dried eucalyptus.Eucalyptus stems- $3 brown velvet ribbon - $1.
- 4.This butterfly biology print.$3 at Sam Flax, an art supply store.
- 5.This album cover with a sketch of Tommy Dorsey, my 💝$6 in the discount bin at Wax n Facts in L5P Atlanta
- 6.This painting in my bathroom.I painted this so it only cost me the acrylic paint. $20 for supplies.
- 7.Books books books everywhere.Not cheap when you look at them like this, but I buy most of these up at thrift stores, used bookstores, library sales and Amazon. Also books are my life, so it's worth it to me.
- 8.More books.That globe was 20 bucks and I couldn't leave it at the antique store. I love it so much.
- 9.Even more books.These were all gifts. My parents know I'll accept any book.
- 10.This corkboard in my kitchen.Free because I took it from my parents basement and painted it white, featuring a plate. Also my mom always decorated with plates and now I'm doing it because it's cheap, feels homey and we all become our mothers in the end.
- 11.This lamp that's supposed to be lilies but gives off a VERY strong Georgia O'Keefe vibe.My grandmother gave it to me so it was free. I can't tell her it looks kinda vagina-y. I told my mom that though. She rolled her eyes.
- 12.This luggage rack turned side table.Featuring Christmas presents I forgot to give to their recipients and this morning's lifeblood. I bought this luggage rack for $10 I think? And I found the wood tray at Goodwill for a few bucks.
- 13.This shouldn't even be included. But I think it's hilarious that my apartment has a landline that isn't connected to anything. I think at one point this was how you buzzed people in??Very good for singing "Hello" into.
- 14.My hodge podge collection of mirrors in the entry.All from antique stores or thrift stores. I don't think I paid over $30 for any of these and a few were super cheap.