Quirks That I Hope Are Lovable but Are Probably Irritating
- •I have to set a timer to do important things.Ok, you have 5 minutes to write and send this dang email. 3 minutes to load the dishwasher. 3 minutes to refill your pill case, go!
- •I punch the lid of my electric kettle every morning to unjam it so I can fill it with water.Why buy a new kettle when you can drum on the lid of your old one?
- •I write with a yellow Lamy Safari fountain pen, and I always get ink stains on my fingers when I refill it.Extra fine nib and waterman's absolute brown ink. I know it seems pretentious to use a fountain pen but I love it and I don't care.
- •I keep Bed Bath and Beyond coupons in my glove compartment.I've yet to use one.
- •I always have library books in my car.And they're usually overdue and strewn all over the front seat.
- •I talk back to Melvyn Bragg when I listen to "In Our Time"Oh my GOD just let them FINISH A THOUGHT before you race in with yours, you grumpy sod.
- •I forget my clothes in the dryer weekly.
- •I use "actually..." in conversation way too often.Once, a guy told me I was "so fucking pedantic" because I told him he used the majestic plural incorrectly, and in retrospect, he may have had a point.