SONGS I AM CURRENTLY OBSESSED WITH, VOL 1
Inspired by @aprylhm
- •Flesh Without Blood, GrimesI'm having a Grimes moment right now and this is my favorite song to listen to while driving.
- •Everything, MUNAA sad, beautiful, relatable pop song and they use "eviscerated" in a lyric, so I'm very much there. Please listen to their album- it just came out and is incredible.
- •Pools to Bathe In, The Japanese HouseMakes me feel like I'm holding my breath at the bottom of the deep end and looking up through the water at the sky
- •Black Star, Gillian WelchGillian's voice is a thing of wonder- raw, powerful and tremulous at the same time, and this cover is perfect.
- •Full of Grace, Sarah McLachlanY'all, I love a good emotional ballad.
- •B.M.F.A, Martha WainwrightI will not pretend/ I will not put on a smile/ I will not say I'm all right for you/ When all I wanted was to be good/ To do everything in truth. Martha's fluency in expletives is also something
- •So Special, MUNABonus MUNA! Haim/Betty Who/Imogen Heap/Tegan and Sarah/Robyn fusion. I love it.
- •Here's the playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/arsims/playlist/3HyG3cAKeYHDjz9wLLqe8G