🎼songs I Learned for Boys Between 2006-2008 🎹💘
By 12th grade, wooing my gentleman callers was the only reason I was still taking piano lessons from Dee, my 65 year old Bible teacher at my Christian school. I had one move and it worked for me. The companion list to my first one, BANDS I PRETENDED TO BE INTO FOR BOYS (Bands I Pretended to Be Into for Boys)
- •The Way We Get By, Spoon - AustinThis song is SO easy. And SO effective it's pitiful.
- •Speed of Sound, Coldplay - Austin
- •Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen - ScottNever mastered this one 😝 but I had the opening chords nailed. That's really all you need.
- •Everything's Not Lost, Coldplay - Austin
- •Wonderwall, Oasis - Austin... Anyway, here's Wonderwall! (Anna in her parent's living room to her high school boyfriend)
- •Hey Jude, The Beatles - AustinI've got a janky GarageBand recording of this somewhere
- •The Mixed Tape, Jack's Mannequin - ScottThis mix could burn a hole in anyone, but it was you I was thinking of 😎 (you got 'em now!). Scott played guitar in a band called Flights from Egypt and I had delusions of grandeur that we'd play this together at the Masquerade in hell. @rabbipatrick probably would have been working there then! 😝 (I got a FFE merch shirt later because Austin was their video guy). Facepalm.
- •What Sarah Said, Death Cab for Cutie - AustinTake it down a notch with some solemnity and make sure you keep your hands v expressive. They'll die. (Also this song is the same few riffs the entire time so it's a low cost investment for a very high ROI. 😉).
- •My Heart Will Go On, Celine Dion - AustinI learned this for myself at 15. And it was my strongest piece in the repertoire. I had a Facebook video of just my hands/parent's piano as I pounded this out, and I knew Austin wanted to date me HARD when he sent me a Facebook message where he's trying to pick this out on his roommate's keyboard. @lesbian 😏😉💅🏼 With the light up key aid on. It was so bad it was cute. @jessnobs you'd like this story, I think!
- •Made a playlist because @jessnobs gave me the best title ever. @jeffnewman @ashlee @alys @nathanveshecco
- •@rabbipatrick's list on the working at the Masquerade. I requested this because it was an iconic part of high school me.