Things My Roommate Has Said to Me
My roommate is an almost abnormally chill person (what is that like??!!!) who is also a peach to live with. I spent a lot of time our first month together freaking out about whether having a roommate was a good idea, but I think we're gonna be okay. Here is a selection of verbal and nonverbal asides she has graced me with.
- •"Anna, did you know one of your top picks on Netflix is Chill with Bob Ross?"In response to my Netflix viewing patterns.
- •"It seems very ON brand for you for a guy to make you a mix cd when you're dating"In response to a convoluted story about a guy who made me a mix cd my freshman year of college and it was all final fantasy piano tracks. He wasn't my boyfriend and I didn't know he was interested in me until he gave me the cd. My actual boyfriend got mad.
- •*dumps load of clean dry clothes on top of dryer for third time that week*In response to my perpetual inability to remember my clean clothes in the dryer.
- •"Can Chris come over? He won't notice if you're not wearing a bra."In response to me telling her I needed a heads up on boyfriend visits so I could be wearing a bra.
- •"Why is everyone a little bitch?"In response to our building's fire alarm going off because someone threw their lit cigarette down our trash chute and started a fire.
- •*cleans my French press out for me*In response to my complaining one time about how much I hate wet coffee grounds.
- •"Goodnight, fancy lady!"In response to an inside joke we have about the American Girl Samantha nightgown I had as a child. It had a lace collar and cuffs. Kat was more of a Kirsten.