Names and Nicknames for My Dog
A history, a love story...
- •CujoThis was the name her first owners gave her. I found this out reading her file at the Humane Society. She knocked over their kid and stood on him, which is how she ended up there.
- •OreoThe Humane Society wisely rebranded her from Cujo. Given her black and whiteness, not a reach.
- •PiperMy husband said that there was no way that he, a white guy, would be calling out for Oreo in our predominantly black neighborhood. We settled on Piper Rinne (Rinne being the goalie of the Nashville Predators).
- •DoodlebugI call her this constantly.
- •CatdogWhen she walks across the back of the couch in a catlike matter.
- •Long DogBecause she's long, and stretches out even longer.
- •Hog DogNo idea how it started...
- •Dumb BruteMy husband's great aunt used to say, "Be nice to dumb brutes - they are God's creatures."
- •A dog by any other name would still be as sweet...And fuzzy