Things I miss about home
So I've been creeping the app for a long time now and I've finally decided to post my first list. I've been living and teaching in Vietnam for almost 9 months. Here is what I miss about home (Canada).
- •BakingI love baking soo much. I have a toaster oven here but it's a piece of crap and only really good for toasting bread. :( This is what happened the one time I tried to bake cookies on Christmas Day.
- •GerryMy cat. I've grown up with cats all my life, and not having one around is so sad. I try not to think about it too much or I'll cry.
- •Taking bathsNo bathtub here and I miss this as a way to unwind at the end of the day and also to warm up in the middle of winter.
- •FoodJust all of it — my dad's cooking, my favourite restaurants, certain snacks they don't have here. I mostly just miss the variety.
- •Going to see showsHaving the option of going to Toronto to see my favourite singers or comedians, or going to see musicals.
- •MoviesThe movies that come out here tend to be either the big action/adventure ones or animated ones. It's unusual to find the more indie types of films that I enjoy.
- •ShoppingJust knowing where to go to get certain things and being able to fit into clothes more easily. I try to avoid shopping here because I find it stressful and frustrating.
- •Family and friendsDuh. But really, I'm super close to my parents, my brother and his girlfriend so it's tough being away from them. Two of my friends are getting married (to each other!) this summer and I have to miss it.
- •TraditionsChristmas and Easter breakfasts. Boxing day shopping. Watching award shows with my dad. Going out for dim sum with the family some Sundays. Choosing a birthday dinner and dessert for my dad to make.