Male Colleagues at My Day Job:
- •I'm 30. Don't call me a "girl."
- •Shake my hand, too.
- •Consider that screaming and slamming doors is just as "emotional" as crying and asking for a minute.
- •When it's just me in a meeting with all of you, male colleagues, do not side eye me when coffee needs to be made/fetched.
- •Do not ask me when I plan on getting pregnant. I know that you don't care about my family planning, nor should you. I know that you're doing math about your program planning.
- •When I'm speaking with one of my female colleagues, don't assume the topic is related relationships or beauty rituals.
- •If it is, who fucking cares. You poking your head in to smugly "joke" about "gabbing" is intrusive and gross.
- •I won't "Be a peach and..."
- •And when I curtly correct you on the aforementioned requests without apologizing, do not dismiss me with a "Calm down."