ALBUMS THAT CHANGED MY LIFE
in no perfect order.
- •Room on Fire - The StrokesI got into The Strokes with Is This It? but Room on Fire remains to be my fav album by them. I have a tattoo of the line "Life ain't chess." From the song 'What Ever Happened.'
- •Elevator - Hot Hot HeatA go-to staple, every song is good.
- •Ripley Pine - Lady LambA huge regret is not getting into Lady Lamb before 2015. Her music is perfect and she is a goddess. Nearly every song of hers touches me profoundly in some way and makes me feel not so alone when I'm sad.
- •After - Lady LambSee above
- •Suck It And See - Arctic MonkeysMy fav AM album is possibly the most underrated!
- •Modern Vampires of the City - Vampire WeekendEverything VW does is golden. Ezra is king.
- •Never Trust A Happy Song - GrouploveUgh so good. The fact that the album opens on 'Itchin' On A Photograph' is so clutch.
- •Dog Problems - The FormatAn essential album that I listened to a lot in high school
- •London Calling - The ClashThanks Dad
- •Ocean Rain - Echo & the BunnymenThanks Mom
- •I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning - Bright EyesJust dope throughout.
- •The King is Dead - the DecemberistsFor some reason I didn't used to like The Decemberists. And then I listened to the King is Dead and I fell in love with all their music.
- •Odelay - Beck'Jackass' is a perfect song.
- •Rock Steady - No DoubtI listened to this album every single day on the bus when I was in middle school. No lie. For three years.
- •Demon Days - Gorillaz
- •Live From Royal Albert Hall - The KillersFor the live version of 'Sam's Town' especially
- •For Emma, Forever Ago - Bon Iver
- •Hunky Dory - David Bowie