THINGS TO KNOW AND IDEAS FOR WHEN YOU'RE FEELING SAD AND HELPLESS AND UPSET
because that's what is going on now!
- •Talk to your friends/family/your go to, whatever.Let it out, don't hold it in. Even if you can't go to the source of your feelings, talk to someone. Tell them what's going on as soon as you can.
- •Write it down.This just helps. Write out your feelings.
- •Don't beat yourself up.Even if you caused some of the feelings, don't beat yourself up. Feel sad and when you're feeling better try to identify how to avoid future sadness.
- •Take a break.Go outside, workout, whatever it is. Do it. Get away from the stress and the sad and the negativity.
- •Mindful breathing exercises/meditation videos.Find one on YouTube, pop on your headphones, and get listening. Did this today at work to avoid bawling. It worked!
- •Remind yourself that it's only a bad day, week, whatever period of time.Life has highs and lows. You'll get through it. You're strong and capable.
- •Accept love and affirmation.From yourself and others. You deserve it.
- •It's okay to cry.It's okay to get frustrated and cry. It's okay to be sad and cry. Let it out. Cry into that pillow.
- •It really is okay to cry.You're not weak. Let it out so you can let good in.