WHAT I WOULD TELL MY TEENAGE SELF
Inspired by @torrami
- •Do not worry about the "popular" girls who rule the school.They stop talking to each other just a few years after graduation.
- •Every guy who dissed you in high school...hits on you throughout your twenties.(Maybe move out of town)
- •It was a very good choice to be nice to all 400 kids in your year.You will hear from them, randomly, that they appreciated you being nice.
- •Be OK with being a crowd-hopper!You will be happy to maintain friends despite high school politics.
- •Do NOT put-out if you do not feel good about it!Not only will you feel crappy...the boys will talk. A lot.
- •Take pictures.It will help you understand your journey.
- •Keep your personal notes and journals.They will be hilarious, poignant, cringe-worthy, and priceless.
- •It is okay that you stalled and killed the 5-speed Camry 3x in a row, with a bus full of kids behind you and laughing...In your 30s, you will know a surprising amount of people who cannot drive a stick shift.
- •It is ok to love Bone Thugs and Harmony.See you at the crossroads...
- •It is fine to graduate a virgin.Your sex life is nobody's business.
- •Appreciate your parents.Damn, they put up with a lot.