Awesome Things My Students With Autism Have Said
- •"This is for dignity!"One student's catchphrase. He says this before doing anything that seems important. Mostly anything cool I say was stolen from a student.
- •"When I grow up I want to be a professional mopper."This came with a complete business plan. Basically, this is an uber for people/business in need of mopping services. Brilliant. It's going to be called, "The Moppers of Dignity"
- •"When I grow up I want to be a sword."This one seems a little half baked. However, he stated that a twelfth grade diploma will be necessary to be a sword. As an teacher I'm happy that he sees education as an important step to achieving his goals.
- •"I think that my biggest problem with Trump is that he intends to get rid of Obamacare."During a math lesson, but still really dope.
- •"My Nintendo DS. That's it."This was in response to the question - what are the three most important values in your life?
- •"This is a humiliating experience and I hate it."This was in response to the dog filter in Snapchat.
- •"She was beautiful and uncareless and all the men were intimidated by her."Character description of a female vampire for a Halloween themed short story. Also my mantra now.