LAST FIVE TIMES I CRIED
I'm new to listing, but @ChrisK suggested this and it felt very relevant to me - because I cry far more often than what is probably healthy.
- •This past SundayWatching "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl" and realizing that there is such thing as a perfect movie and at the same time feeling very lonely
- •Also this past SundayAt the NYC Pride Parade, watching the Citibank (yes, CITIBANK) float pass by joyously blaring "Ain't No Stopping Us Now"
- •In a rainy Michigan airportSaying goodbye to my mom before flying to New York for the summer. I was sad and scared and a little spooked because I had just watched The X-Files for two straight weeks.
- •A Chicago hotel, on the phone with a friendShe was being mean. I don't respond well to mean.
- •At the University of Michigan graduation ceremonyStaring into the black sea of my friends and strangers. I felt the most jaded I've ever been and the most naive; heartbroken to see my friends leave and frantically thankful I had another year. I cried in that embarrassing, bittersweet way uncertainty does to you.