In an attempt at a more cheerful online presence, and my begrudging acceptance of "live listing", I want to fill the 99 points of this list throughout the year, and have something more substantial to look back on in December. 99 highlights in 365 days shouldn't be difficult.
- •January 8th - NFC Wild Card game between the Green Bay Packers and New York GiantsMy roommate looked up tickets on Thursday and they were insanely cheap, due to the expected cold weather (it was 13 degrees, the coldest game at Lambeau in four years), so we bought tickets and had pretty awesome seats! It was my first pro-football game, first Packer Game, and first playoff game in any sport. After a shaky first quarter it was an awesome game and so sweet to get some playoff vengeance against the giants.
- •January 8th - Titletown Brewing CompanyBefore the game we stopped at Titletown for a few beers and lunch, the Peanut Butter and Bacon Burger was 💯, and the beer was awesome 🍺.
- •January 14th - Bought a CarI last bought a car in September, it lasted three weeks before quite literally exploding while I picked the best man for my sister's wedding up from the airport. It's nothing more than a beater but it runs and helps facilitate my next point.
- •January 17-20 - First Week of SchoolI had to drop out of Drake University unexpectedly my junior year cause it was super expensive. Getting back to school has been my goal for four and a half years, it kept not working out for various reasons but I'm finally here! And am typing this while I have a break before my night class. It seems like it will be a challenging and interesting semester! Here's a castle in campus at my new school, Northern Illinois University.
- •February 23, saw "All Get Out" with about 40 people in Madison, Wisconsin.Phenomenal show, great guys, and a very intimate venue.
- •March 3rd, Birthday!Went to a fancy theater where you can order dinner and saw Get Out which was fantastic
- •April 8 - First Cubs game of the year.Drove up to Miller Park for a game in Milwaukee with my friend Tara. It was a fantastic game, something like 11 runs without a single Home Run, so that was cool! and the Cubs won!
- •April 14-17 - Easter weekend in Northeast Ohio, visiting with my Dad's brother and his cousin who was in the States from Hungary
- •April 17 - Cubs Game 2As I was in the car with my parents driving home from Ohio I got a call from my roommates asking if they could drop me off at Wrigley. Cubs lost but we had awesome seats and an overall good time! You just can't beat Wrigley Field.
- •May 12 - Semester ends with a 3.6!I don't wanna brag but I was proud of myself. It was my first semester back in college after five years away and I kicked its ass. I got 100/100 on both my big final papers and was super stoked.
- •May 30 - This email!I submitted a final paper to the Midwest Pop Culture Association annual conference and it for accepted! I will head down to St. Louis in October to present it!