A handy guide for asking how I'm doing during a night of drinking.
- •BuzzedI'm feeling jovial, alcohol is liquid courage and social lubricant. Basically just like I'm in a good mood.
- •TipsyA little more talkative than normal but you probably still wouldn't know I've had a drink.
- •Feelin' itI've had enough that you can probably tell I've been drinking but nothing crazy.
- •"I've had a few"I'm actually starting to feel it now. Will need food soon.
- •Ballgame BuzzA term I coined during a three-day stint at Wrigley Field in April. Asked how I was as we walked out I said "I've got a perfect ballgame buzz going!" Essentially: the perfect level of drunk for whatever activity you're doing.
- •*Heavily exhaling while holding onto something for stability*I am definitely a little drunk and probably taking a breather from socializing.
- •*Small nod of the head to signify I'm alright*Now I'm up again and rallied, having fun
- •"Hell yeah I'll take a shot!"I'm not ever opposed to shots, but unless I'm this drunk I'm not excited about them either!
- •DrrrrruuuuuuunnnnnnkkkkkkI don't actually slur, I exaggerate the fake slur like crazy to emphasize that I actually am really drunk even if you can't tell. That way you won't let me drive or do anything stupid.
- •*Closing my right eye so I can focus on my phone*I am as drunk as I can possibly get. Take me home.