IDEAL PLAYLIST CIRCA JUNIOR HIGH
All about these list requests, thanks @laurettamarie_ ! However even at the tender age of 11-14, I was already an albums guy, not so much individual songs or playlists! So here is my junior high album playlist:
- •The Christian Music Phase:
- •The Beautiful Letdown - SwitchfootPlease, Mom?? I promise it's Christian music! It's on Christian radio!
- •The Anatomy Of Tongue In Cheek - Relient KThe moment I realized there was a world of music beyond k-love
- •Letters To The President - Hawk Nelson*edgier* Christian punk rock
- •Phenomenon - Thousand Foot Krutch"Throw up your rawkfist if you're feeling it when I drop this!"
- •Oceans Avenue - YellowcardMy brother told us/my parents that this was a Christian band so we'd be allowed to listen to it.
- •Soon. The era of free iTunes songs from Pepsi topsMy brother learned you could see if a cap was a winner by looking through the bottom of Sierra Mist bottles. Plus, there was no glaring "Christian" section for Mom to make sure we were buying from.
- •iTunes meant no CD, cases, so we could get away with buying songs/albums without this warning:hello, *secular* music
- •Still Not Getting Any - Simple Planso emo right now
- •Take Off Your Pants and Jacket - Blink 182Punk. Rock. Gods.
- •Self Titled- Box Car Racersuch a dramatic Blink break-up but this album rocked
- •Next came the metal phase:My friends were resistant at first. But eventually we could be seen moshing with the best of them.
- •They're Only Chasing Safety - UnderoathBlending punk rock and screamo to perfection
- •Apparitions of Melody - Kids In The Waydarker, edgier, more political
- •Self Titled - The Used