MAKING IT "MY ROOM"
In August I moved out of my parents and into a house with some friends! Sadly, I was left with the last choice in bedrooms, and it has been a process turning this former 11-year-old girls room into something that feels like my space.
- •First off.... the room was pink.like. really freaking pink. not pictured: Zebra Print duct tape as the trim.
- •Like so pink that a sickly Barbie color emitted from the room if the lights were on
- •So step one was obviously a paint job.I picked out the colors, and with some help from work friends (and a generous coat of white primer) it transformed.
- •However there was still the problem of that twin-size bed.I didn't quite fit on that thing, plus the mattress was at least eight years old.
- •Thanks to my Grandma for the hand-me-down queen size!gotta love the boxspring on the floor, I'm such an adult. and LOOK at that floral print!
- •Next step, new beddingIt's amazing what a new sheet set and a bedframe will do.
- •Plus, some awesome new decorations!growing up, visits to Grandma's house often meant watching Star Wars, as my wonderful Aunt Elke lived there and had the set on VHS
- •On sale at Meijer, brings some much needed character to the room
- •slick, original trilogy movie posters in a nice black frame.
- •still some work to do!but it's pretty cool turning something from just a place you sleep into "your room"