COMMON REACTIONS FROM PEOPLE AFTER HEARING MY NAME FOR THE FIRST TIME
Just as a disclaimer, I love my name. And I get it, it's unusual, but daaaaamn.
- •"Navy? Why, was your dad in the Navy or something?"No, my mom named both my sister and I after shades of blue.
- •"How do you spell that? N-a-v-i? N-a-v-e-y?"No, please stop making it complicated. Just N-a-v-y.
- •"Navy? Oh nice to meet you Navy, I'm (insert other military branch here)."HAHAHA ahhhh... haven't heard that one before
- •"Your name is Navy? Why, did your parents hate you or something?"Okay, I've only heard this once from a customer while I was at work years ago. But it still makes me laugh thinking about it and how rude someone could be to a complete stranger
- •*calls in take out order* "Okay and can I get your name?" "Yeah, it's Navy" "Maybe?" "No, Navy" "Amy?" "Navy" "Davey?" * sigh * "It's Rachel"