My Favourite Us Sitcoms
No particular order.
- •The OfficeI was such a huge fan of our original version, to the point where I dreaded even the idea of a remake. Now I'm in love with every tiny thing. That's what she said. Wait, what? Favourite:
- •Parks & RecreationStarted as The Office's sister show, Poehler, Ansari, Pratt & co took us on such a journey.
- •CommunitySix seasons and a movie. That's the dream. Took me so long to even give this show a chance, but I've just finished binge watching it for a third time. I love the references, in jokes and nearly 4th wall breaking sitcom tropes that it both undermines and uses to perfection. My personal favourite: the law and order episode.
- •ScrubsI absolutely loved this show that was said to be one of the most accurate portrayals of life as a junior doctor in the U.S. Could take you from laughter to tears with a single line.
- •FriendsYeah, it's not really to still like friends but screw you guys. Having just watched it from front to back for the umpteenth time - yeah the humour is a little tacky, the audience laughter is a little distracting and the plot lines are a tad contrived - but I am always so invested in the characters every.single.time.
- •Arrested DevelopmentSurely the tightest written sitcom ever written? Adumbrated references and jokes paid off seasons later, just unravelling the through lines would challenge any seasoned crime drama fan.