Rules for Sleeping on a Friends Sofa While Drunk
Basic etiquette for staying on a friends sofa after a night out.
- •Don't sleep nakedNo one wants to be greeted with your naked butthole in their living room on their hangover.
- •Do help yourself to a glass of waterMorning you will thank you for your foresight.
- •Don't be sick on the sofaBecause a) you'll have to sleep in it and b) a quick dash to the loo to loudly vom is preferable for your friend than having their living room smell of chund for a fortnight after.
- •Do thank your hostYou owe them - a drink out, a bottle of wine or most likely: a bed for the night when they need one.
- •Don't leave a messLeave it like you found it. If you don't know what it looked like, just make it look like someone's mum is coming round. Not necessarily your mum, but someone's.
- •Do leave quickly and quietlyOverstaying your welcome by digging in and ordering a pizza is probably only acceptable either pre arranged or with closest friends. And their housemates might not like it. Best to get out as soon as you're able and get to your own mess.