TRANSLATING TYPICAL NYC PHRASES INTO PORTLANDESE
Thanks for my first list suggestion @dave. Instead of phrases, the below serves more as a cultural translator. Dave, come visit me again soon please!
- •NY: What do you do for a living?PDX: What do you do in your free time?
- •NY cab drivers: Say nothing. Smell everything.PDX cab drivers: Asking you everything from "where are you from? Where do you work?" to "what are your life dreams?" and "tell me your biggest regrets." DEEP CONNECTIONS.
- •NY coffee: StarbucksPDX coffee: Stumptown
- •NY peeps: Career-mindedPDX peeps: Retired by 30
- •NY traffic: Go go go! Whether the light is in your favor or not.PDX traffic: Standstill traffic at 4 way stop with a lot of "No, please YOU go" hand gestures
- •NY specialties: Pizza, Bagels, Pastrami SandwichesPortland specialities: Microbreweries, Vegan donuts, Rice Bowls
- •NY pets: Mini dogs!PDX pets: Goats, Chicken, Pigs @dorothy can vouch