Mysterious American Foods
As an Australian kid growing up with American comics, books and TV, there were some things I found totally mystifying. As an adult, knowing what they are, they still seem kind of baffling...
- •Kool AidAnd what is it with the grape flavour? So wrong.
- •Cheese whizCheese in a can. Cheese in a jar. Cheese you can spray. Really? 😱
- •Tootsie RollTootsies are toes. You made a roll out of toes? Ah, tastes like plasticky toes. I get it now.
- •TwinkiesThey sounded so amazingly good... 😣 I am sure that if you eat enough of these the preservatives will ensure you never decay after your eventual demise. It's a predestined embalmer.
- •Chicken Fried SteakIs it chicken? Is it steak? Verdict still unclear.
- •Pop TartsHuh? That's not a tart. In fact it may be its very own food group.
- •Root BeerKids are drinking this stuff? It's beer, made from roots? Does it taste like dirt? Yeah. Kind of. Maybe use it to wash down that Tootsie Roll.