Celebrities I Wanted to Ask to Officiate My Wedding
...but either chickened out or was too lazy to figure out how to do it. We ended up having a not famous friend do it instead (who was wonderful).
- •Bill HaderBill was the only one where I actually took action. I came very close to asking him during the Q&A portion of the New Yorker Festival last year. I almost went on line but then panicked because I didn't want to put him on the spot and/or have him think I was weird.
- •Jason SegelI saw he had done it for a couple on one of the talk shows (so he was ordained already which is a plus!) but I read the couple had tracked him down at a local bar and had a meaningful reason for asking him, which I did not. I just liked him.
- •Tina Fey and Amy PoehlerI mean they are just great.
- •John CenaHe does so many charitable and nice things, I figured he'd at least consider it. Plus my ~husband~ is into the WWE.
- •I think there were more names thrown around but don't recall right now.