I had a library workshop in Chicago and I was only going to be there for less than 24 hours. This is what happened.
- •First, before even getting on the plane I was on an adventure.Flight was 1145am I thought it was 555pm. I realized in the nick of time.
- •And away we go
- •To give you some perspective. I was the only non librarian at the workshop.My librarian travel mates.
- •We stayed at the Palmer House.The hotel in itself was an adventure. More on that later.
- •We got our own rooms and mine had access to a secret floor.My room was very choice and at least 3 times the size of where I normally sleep. And TWO bathrooms. Why do I need two bathrooms? The secret floor had snacks and a bar... whaaaaaaaaaaat?!
- •My co workers wanted to hang out in their primo quarters for our big workshop.I needed to explore. So I did at like 10/11 at night.
- •And some more
- •And a little more.I was going to walk to Buckingham fountain but, the further I got in the darker it got and the more people I found having sexuals in the bushes. I walked back after 11 ish
- •The next morning I got ready really early to try and catch a glimpse of Buckingham before the workshop.We were going to Have to take the subway (blue line) immediately.
- •And then the flood hit.
- •I missed Buckingham but, made it to the workshop alert and ready.
- •Design thinking.It pretty much means to understand the patron as a person and not a statistic.
- •All in all a good trip.The Giants won and I saw the whole thing in the air. I did miss the bay though. I love you salad bowl bay area.