Reasons I stopped dating
All cynicism aside, I decided the dating life just wasn't for me. Maybe some of you can relate to some of the reasons that got me to delete those hookup apps.
- •MoneyWhen it comes to going out, I order off the value menu. To pretend I don't just to avoid embarrassment, isn't very honest. I'd rather spin a 40 in the alley.
- •ConversationYou're expected to make an impression and come up with interesting things to say. Most of my best stories involve psychedelic drugs and dropout communities. So, seen any good movies lately?
- •CareerEventually it's going to come up, if it hasn't already. The most marginalizing phrase in the English Language. "What do you do for work?" I gave up a lucrative career in anxiety to be a traveling musician and writer. So, whatever I want.
- •FutureWhere do I see myself in ten years? In a cabin in the woods somewhere all Walden Pond.
- •SexIt's a natural, zesty, enterprise. But then what, more dates, or can you just skip to the sex now? If the goal is a sex partner, should we really be judging based on marital qualities, or just go with raw appeal? Dating is not the only avenue to get to the pants party.
- •TravelI'm on the move relentlessly, rarely spending more than a few months in one place. While that appeals to some prospective partners, it also creates a situation of detachment. It can start to feel sort of hollow.
- •Most important reason ...