Offensive Things People Said to Me When I Was Pregnant
I loved my pregnant body. I felt lush and lovely. However. Having the state of my body discussed constantly by the general public filled me with rage.
- •Are you about to drop it?Man on street. What does this even mean.
- •When's it gonna pop? WHEN'S IT GONNA POP??Man on street, being ignored
- •When do you pop? Aw, c'mon bitch, you hear me. Fuck you!Man in trader Joe's parking lot, also being ignored
- •There must be two in there! (Evil giggle)My Grandma Janie
- •Looks like twins!Multiple men on street
- •You're the fattest I've ever seen you.My Aunt Jeannie. Meant as a compliment, I am a thin person normally.
- •OMG! You're soooooo pregnant!Girl at Ikea holding a tiny dog. I killed them with a stone cold glance.
- •Any day now???Everyone. When the answer was no, 3 months to go, they argued with me.
- •You're so big! You're so small!
- •Looks like you're about to pop!Fucking everyone. Why? Who started this pop thing????? Are you talking about my vagina or my belly? Either way, fuck you.
- •Wow, look at you! (Holds hands as far apart as possible, as if about to hug the earth)Man on street