What It's Like Being the Unpopular Girl
Just some ramblings about lingering feels
- •You have always felt out of place and unwelcomedAnd you probably still do from time to time. Even around family and good friends, there is still that uneasy feeling of being somewhere you shouldn't.
- •No one invites you to anything. Ever.You either end up spending the time with yourself or inviting yourself along.. Which let's be real that rarely ever happens.
- •Social media is your worst enemySeriously.. Whose idea was all of this modern day social networking? As if my self esteem hasn't taken enough low blows.
- •The love-hate relationship you develop with time spent aloneI love me, I'm honestly a great time. But I feel that others should get the chance to love me and experience this great time as well.
- •The amazing sense of self you acquireBecoming one with our self and mastering meditation is indescribably blissful.
- •Staying in touch with the people you love is inexplicably difficultI wanna talk to you, but I don't want to bother you and I definitely don't want to be ignored.. We haven't talked in a while anyways, I'm sure if you wanted to catch up you would talk to me.
- •An overwhelming sense of regret when you think of the pastCould've done this.. Should've said that.. Would've went there and done that. No one likes to dwell on the past, but it happens more than I'd like to admit.
- •Connecting with others and making new friends seems nearly impossibleBut that's okay because being a lone wolf is what we are best at. And the right people come along eventually.
- •Always wanting to break out of your character and step into the spotlightThe famous inner discourse "No more holding back! This is it! I'm gonna show the world what I'm made of and what everyone has been missing out on!" "... Wow that didn't work at all." Maybe next time..