FOOD ITEMS I COULD BE PERSUADED TO EAT AGAIN BUT WOULD PREFER NOT TO
I'm a huge proponent of trying everything at least once, & I rarely find food I dislike. There's almost nothing I've tried that I absolutely would not ever let touch my lips again (& I've tried a lot of things), but these are the things I stay away from.
- •AspicHonestly I actually really like gelatin & I love veggies & I love meat, but we had this when I spent Easter with my Polish family, served in slices on lettuce leaves & drizzled in white vinegar & it was just. Not good. The aspic itself had absolutely no flavor; I didn't even know that was possible? I feel like I'm ready to give it another chance, but not if it's made by my cousin. (Because, you know, aspic is on every menu!)
- •TripeI've tried this in menudo & also in flaczki (a traditional Polish soup), & I just can't with the texture.
- •Bleu cheeseIt tastes & smells & has the texture of vomit.
- •TrufflesThese taste and smell like bad breath & spread that nastiness to anything they touch. I don't understand why they're a thing.
- •VealFreshman year of college a friend did a speech for her comm class about veal production. I was her test audience. I feel like an asshole about this, because I have no problem eating other animals (like seriously, I've eaten horse (& enjoyed it)(& also think the distinction b/t horses & other animals we eat is pretty arbitrary)), but I still just can't do veal.
- •CilantroHonestly I've just given up on avoiding this. I don't understand the appeal, but I don't hate the taste anymore, and I'm not giving up pico de gallo any time soon either, so whatever, throw some extra leaves on my burrito while you're at it.
- •Cool WhipThis is the one thing on this list that I would never ever eat again. It shouldn't even count as a food product.