🌟🎄 MY SECRET SANTA GIFT CAME & IF YOU THINK I DIDN'T CRY YOU HAVEN'T READ ENOUGH OF MY LISTS🎄🌟
YOU GUYS @estherlimtf IS AMAZING EVERYTHING IS AMAZING I LOVE CHRISTMAS I LOVE THIS APP I LOVE EVERYONE IN THIS BAR
- •I have been reading everyone's lists with great anticipation and low-key stalking my mailman, waiting for my package to arrive.
- •Last week we got a ~mysterious package that I thought might be it, but it was addressed to someone named Rita, & I opened it to see if maybe there was a gift note & there had just been some mix-up when it had been ordered.It was a porcelain doll of Captain Kirk, which is actually something I'm not unexcited about, but I've never listed about Trek, I don't think, so it struck me as weird. I called the doll company & all they could tell me was that it was ordered as a gift by someone named Rita in KY, but they didn't know who the intended recipient was bc she put her own name + my address. I emailed @ChrisK to make sure this wasn't my Secret Santa (it wasn't) & went back to waiting.
- •Yesterday I was making the components of my Christmas/birthday cake when the mail arrived. No packages. 😟Yes, yesterday, but I didn't have a chance to finish this list until just now.
- •BUT THEN as I stood at the stove, I looked up, and saw the mailman pulling up in front of our house! He got out of his truck, carrying two packages!(The mailboxes in my neighborhood are on people's porches/doors rather than on the street, so he usually delivers packages & then puts all the letters in his bag and walks around to deliver them. I guess he did it backward yesterday.)
- •I made @crackdkettle get the door (I was covered in flour), & then attacked her as soon as the mailman left. One of the packages was indeed for me!!@crackdkettle's dog, Abbie, was also excited.
- •I thought for about 3.5 seconds about waiting until the today/the 25th to open it, but it smelled sooo good I had to at least peek! Also when I opened the package, it was in such a prettily-wrapped shoebox I couldn't resist.I am very appreciative of gift wrapping.
- •Here's what was inside!
- •The loveliest card!Obviously reading this was when the first tears were shed.
- •Postcards from Scotland, where @estherlimtf currently lives!I have always wanted to visit Scotland! & one of the postcards shows a train from Harry Potter, and on the back of them...
- •Lists!About what she got me & how she felt when she got my name (which yes, made me cry) & best of all, book recs (on the back of a postcard of the Harry Potter train!!) (ps @estherlimtf, I can't believe I didn't put fantasy on my list because I love it too, so that aspect is totally perfect)! Some of the authors I've heard of, but have never gotten around to reading, so I can't wait to visit my library and request allll of these!
- •Crisps!I LOVE crisps & love that I have all these new & unusual (for me) flavors to try. I feel like prawn cocktail flavored crisps come up all the time in British tv that I watch and I have wanted to try them for so long?! & I've never had haggis, but @crackdkettle has, so I'm going to make her tell me if the flavor is accurate.
- •Candy!Seriously you do not even understand how much I love Bueno?!? I freaked out when I saw these. & the rest are things I've heard of but have never been available to me, so I'm super thrilled about trying them all!
- •Tea & coffee from The Elephant Cafe & a mug from the Edinburgh Christmas Market!I do love Earl Grey, & Columbian coffee is one of my very favorites! For those of you who don't know, The Elephant Cafe is where JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter & the Philosopher's (/Sorcerer's) Stone, & I totally cried just thinking about having something from there, which probably means I should never be allowed to visit.
- •Body wash & scented candles!Omg I wish you guys could smell all of these through the app. The body wash smells just like actual raspberries & vanilla, and I totally spent 5 minutes in the shower just smelling it (don't worry; I turned the tap off #drought). And the candles are perfectly scented & I just burned up the last of my stash, so their arrival was amazingly timed! One is called Wooden Heart & smells of tea tree & cedar & citrus, & the other is Pimento & Cranberry & is fruity & spicy, & both are DIVINE.
- •Polaroids!Around Edinburgh & the Christmas market & one of the wall in The Elephant House & a selfie at the bus stop & I 💖 these so so much. I love Polaroids, and I put these up already on the wall by my desk, so I have pretty things to look at as I work.
- •Gingerbread cookies!They survived!! And they're DELICIOUS. I already ate several with Earl Grey. I adore gingerbread cookies, but I rarely make them because my family doesn't really like them, so these were especially exciting.
- •@estherlimtf I seriously cannot thank you enough for all of this. It was so sweet & so thoughtful & so kind of you to put so much of yourself into this gift. I know I overused the word perfect in this list, but it truly was. I am so thankful for you and for this app and the way it has brought us (& all of us together).I hope you are having a wonderful holiday with your family in Australia, & enjoying the summer before you have to go back to cold Scotland!
- •And of course, a world of thanks to @ChrisK, our ListApp Santa Claus, for taking the time to organize this & helping give us all a magical Christmas.