THE WORST KINDS OF PEOPLE YOU MEET AS A BARISTA
- •The people who think you're an octopus.Yes, I AM going to get you straws, but you ordered like five drinks; GIVE ME A SECOND.
- •The people who are busier than everyone else on the planet.I'm sorry you decided to come through during our morning rush when you're apparently running late; you still have to wait your turn.
- •The people who think they're better than everyone else because they're just ordering brewed coffee.You realize you could actually make this equally well (& almost certainly better) at home, right?
- •The people who want to control everything.If you're so good at making drinks, fill out an application and get the f back here. PS, this is someone else's drink.
- •The people who complain about the prices.I am not making these decisions. And again: no one is stopping you from buying your own coffee maker.
- •The people who make their drink needlessly complicated.Turns out you actually can't tell the difference if I give you an entire Splenda instead of 3/4 of a packet. Weird. Get out of here with your crazy fractions.
- •The people who forget to say iced.Yes, you did forget. Yes, I am sure; I confirmed it with you twice. Yes, of course I'll remake it. No, I'm sorry, it is not an instantaneous process.
- •The people who hate the chain you work for.I am so sorry I dragged you in here against your will & forced you to order this drink. Please, how can I ever make it up to you?
- •Edward Norton.'& what's your name, sir?' 'Uh, EDWARD?!?'