WORDS I WANT PEOPLE TO STOP MISUSING EVEN THOUGH I'M TRYING NOT TO BE A PEDANT ANYMORE
- •SeenSee, seeing, saw, have seen.
- •Canon vs CannonA ship can be canon but only a cannon can be on a ship.
- •CastedCast. Cast cast cast. Technically this probably isn't even misuse; can you misuse a word that doesn't exist? CAST.
- •Breath vs BreatheNo shit you can't breath; it's not a verb.
- •Lose vs LooseLook, I never claimed I wasn't a walking cliche.
- •Dad/MomI feel like we've reached a point where I just want use of these words to be reserved for one's actual parents. I'm sorry.