5 THINGS YOU NEED TO GTFO
Our work is full of F words, but these five F words are ones you should keep out of your FLUSHING routine.
- •Flushable wipesWe talk about these a lot. They are often advertised as flushable but they aren't. They don't break down like toilet paper does, so they may make it down your drain but will just going to end up getting stuck somewhere down the line. Get the flushable wipes out.
- •FlossIf you flick used floss balls into the toilet, don't. It's like hair. Hair clogs your sink drains and floss can do the same. Get the floss out.
- •FloatablesThings like candy wrappers and gum wrappers. Just because they fit down a toilet drain doesn't mean they belong there. Hit the trash instead. Get the floatables out.
- •Fats (oil and grease too)Ok, so you probably aren't flushing cooking grease down your toilet, but pouring them down your sink drain is no better. They cool, coagulate and form clogs over time. Cool them and throw them in the trash instead. Get the fats, oils and grease out.
- •Feminine productsTampons are a plumber's nightmare. If you are embarrassed throwing them in a trash can, you'll be even more red-faced to have someone fishing them out of a clogged drain. Get the feminine products out.