FACTS ABOUT (AND RISKS OF) USING YOUR CELL PHONE IN THE BATHROOM

Statistics show about 75% of Americans admit to using their cell phones in the bathroom. Other than knowing the other 25% is so lying, there are other interesting stats about our calls from the stall, all detailed in infographic glory at http://neorsd.org/WaitToTweet
  1. 74% OF MEN say they use their phones in the bathroom, compared to...
  2. 76% OF WOMEN
  3. 19% ADMIT THEY'VE DROPPED THEIR PHONE IN THE TOILET
  4. 8 MILES: The distance your phone would travel if it flushed in Cleveland and actually made it through the sewers to our treatment plant.
    We have found phones in our wastewater flow, but they are more likely to have come from street sewers than bathrooms.
  5. THE COST: An average cell phone is upwards of $200. The cost of a toilet flush is less than 1¢.
  6. 16% OF CELL PHONES HAVE FECAL COLIFORM ON THEM.
    If we're using our phones in he bathroom, cross-contamination has to be expected, no matter how we try to deny it.