There are a variety of list types on The List App, and the rankings are by far my favorite. Here, I definitively rank the kinds of @list "Ranked" lists.
- •WORST...A ranked list like this conveys s sense of the author's disgust, right off the bat. Like "WORST KINDS OF TOILET CLOGS, RANKED"
- •STRANGEST...I see this in the title and my mental wheels start turning. Like "STRANGEST THINGS WE HAVE FOUND IN SEWERS, RANKED" or "STRANGEST SMELLS, RANKED" I MUST HEAR WHAT MAKES THEM SO STRANGE!!!!
- •TOP [NUMBER]...It could be a 2- or 99-item list, and every placement has purpose and consideration in a ranked list like this. "TOP 10 SONGS TO INCLUDE ON YOUR NIGHTSHIFT PLAYLIST, RANKED"
- •MOST..."Most" conveys a deep sense of emotion to me. "MOST DISAPPOINTING HIGH SCHOOL GUIDANCE COUNSELOR RECOMMENDATIONS, RANKED"
- •FAVE...Conveys excitement. "FAVORITE POOP-RELATED EMOJIS💩🚽☕️, RANKED"
- •"...OF ALL TIME"OF ALL TIME! I mean there has been so MUCH time since time began, right? These lists are insightful glimpses into our storied pasts.
- •BEST...Of course "best" ranked lists are must-haves. "BEST FOODS TO ELIMINATE CONSTIPATION, RANKED"
- •"[NOUN], RANKED"Any noun followed by the word RANKED is an automatic winner. SPAGHETTI, RANKED? Of course. CLOUDS, RANKED? Yep. BOWEL MOVEMENTS, RANKED? Automatic 💯. You know this is true.