Favorite Eras of History (Let's Geek Out!! 😎)
Yesss my history nerd friend @alexim 🤓
- •Ancient EgyptWho doesn't love ancient Egypt?!? It's such a long period of history and what was created during that time was astounding. Really any ancient history, but Egypt is my favorite.
- •Medieval EuropeI am all over medieval Europe. This is my shit. If it comes from that time I'll probably love it. My advisor was a medieval historian and I took like 7 classes with her. That's probably why. There's so much like medicine, religion (everyone loves a good miracle story), and women that is just fascinating. I've also read some hilarious shit from this period.
- •Early ModernOkay I really don't know much about it, but what I wrote my thesis on was in the Early Modern Period.
- •Okay the rest aren't really eras
- •Irish HistoryI currently have 3 general Irish history books that I bought and I'm going to read. I blame this 100% on the 3 months I lived in Ireland and took Irish archaeology classes and an Irish language class and fell in love. I want to learn everything about Ireland from prehistoric to modern. Y'all should just send anything Irish my way.
- •Native AmericansI know very little, but I wrote a paper on Indian Boarding schools for my Crimes Against Humanity class. They were awful places. I want to learn about Native American culture and religion. Okay sometimes my anthropology and history lines blur 😁
- •Genocides and Crimes Against HumanityI'm very interested in these very specific times in history. They are always so complex. I became more interested during my Crimes Against Humanity class where we discussed many different genocides. I also helped organize our Genocide Awareness and Action Week and I just want to learn so much and how to help.
- •The History of ChristianityI'm really interested in religions and their development over time. Thank you History of God class for the particular interest in the development of Christianity.
- •African and Middle-Eastern HistoryI know practically nothing about these areas, but I'm very interested in learning.
- •The History of IslamI also know practically nothing in this subject. My advisor co-teaches a class with a religion professor on the History of Islam. This was one of the two classes of hers I didn't get to take. I'm very jealous of all my friends who did get to take it because they said it was the best class.