How I Survive Finals
Okay I haven't taken a final in over a year. And most of the time I didn't have a final. I had a final paper. So most of the time was writing and not studying because history majors write papers. All. The. Time.
- •Write down when every paper is due or when every test isOften right after finals schedule is released about two months before finals.
- •Set aside time for each test or paper. More time for things that are sooner.I literally never followed this because I'd get caught up in something or I had zero desire to something.
- •Outlines, outlines, outlinesVery important for paper writing to keep things organized. Also good for tests. Pick out the topics you need to know and then outline what is important. This I did ALL the time. Keeps everything in an organized fashion.
- •Going to any event provided on campusNeed a break from studying? Go to an event to get your mind off of it. I always went and made a stuffed animal and ate free food.
- •EatingAbout 90% of it was stress and procrastination eating. But y'all should eat to keep that brain working.
- •SleepingBoth as a necessity and a form of procrastination. I can't have caffeine so I need sleep to keep going.
- •Walking aroundI need frequent breaks because I have the attention span of a small child. Walking keeps me awake. Sometimes I need to think. There's always that one sentence you are trying to write and it just won't happen.
- •ShowersRefreshing and an excellent place for ideas to formulate.
- •CryingSometimes you just got to get that stress out via your eyeballs.
- •Winging itThere was a lot of this. This is my specialty.