My Favorite Books
These are my top ones that really touched me. Suggest me yours!!
- •Harry Potter Series by JK RowlingAs a child of the Harry Potter generation this series has probably been the most influential in my life. My second grade teacher read us The Sorcerer's Stone to us and I was hooked. I read all of them up to the Half Blood Prince out loud with my mom. It bonded us. Harry Potter has a special place in my heart.
- •The Reader by Bernhard SchlinkI really love this book. I've read it 3 times and have cried every single time.
- •The Hours by Michael CunninghamI love how the three women from three different eras are connected to each other. It's a sad book, but I love it.
- •The Bell Jar by Sylvia PlathI just recently read this. I have never related to a character in a book as much as I related to Esther Greenwood.
- •The Rape of Nanking by Iris ChangI read this for a class this past spring. I couldn't put it down. Not because it's a fun read, but because I was appalled at what happened in Nanking durning WWII and why I never learned about it before. We learn about Pearl Harbor, the Holocaust, and Hiroshima and Nagasaki, but not what happened in Nanking. It is just as important. Reading the little biography of Iris Chang after and about her suicide I cried all the tears I didn't cry while reading the book because I was so angry.
- •Wallflower at the Orgy by Nora EphronNora Ephron was a genius and an amazing writer. This memoir was what made me fall in love with her as a person and not just a love and appreciation of the movies she had written.