Soundtracks of My Life
What I listened to extensively during certain parts of my life.
- •Spice GirlsMy sister, our two friends, and I pretended to be the Spice Girls all the time when we played. Their songs remind me of days playing outside, dancing, and singing. Everything was happy.
- •Cher & Celine DionTheir best of CDs practically defined my childhood. This is all I listened to for years. When I was in the 4th grade Celine Dion started her Vegas shows and Cher said she wasn't touring. This broke my little heart. So I recorded Cher's farewell tour show on VHS when it was on TV. I wasn't into music much until practically the end of high school besides Cher and Celine.
- •KT TunstallI finally branched out and listened to some new music. And this was KT Tunstall. Basically all I listened to in high school. Takes me back to the decent times in those years.
- •Stevie Nicks & Fleetwood MacAfter high school I had to take a year off. The first half of that year I was scared and depressed. Stevie's music helped me through it. It was the one thing that made me happy and calm.
- •Mamma Mia soundtrackAlso a part of the year off after high school. It was fun and happy and made me forget about my problems. I also watched the movie like a hundred times.
- •HeartThe second half of the year between high school and college consisted of rocking out to Heart and actually starting to feel good about myself. I felt confident.
- •Sons of Anarchy SoundtracksThis is all I listened to when I was in Ireland. I listened to it while I walked to and from class, on field trip bus rides, and when doing stuff around my flat. Anytime I here any of those song I'm instantly brought back to Ireland and all the amazing times I had there.
- •Stevie & The Mac againAfter I got out of the hospital my junior year of college they are all I listened to. When I am upset or struggling Fleetwood Mac and Stevie are what listen to. It makes me cry, it makes me happy, and it makes me feel not alone.
- •Maria Doyle KennedyFall of my senior year of college I was obsessed. Still am, really.
- •EnyaWrote most of my senior thesis listening to Enya. I was also really stressed and there's nothing like layers of Enya singing to calm you down. I actually now listen to Enya when I'm panicking or really stressing.
- •Sarah BrightmanAll I listened to during camp this past summer. I spent my days off listening to her while playing pyramid solitaire. Very relaxing.
- •Enya- Dark Sky IslandCurrent life soundtrack. I've been listening to this for days. Enya said the theme is of journeys. I feel that as I'm currently trying to figure out my life.