Everyone has favorite songs and artists. I have plenty of songs that I love by a whole variety of artists, but for me it takes a certain sound and voice for me to actually listen to more than one catchy single. These are the bands/singers whose whole discography I will put on shuffle and listen to for days. I am deeply committed to them.
- •Fleetwood MacI am a Stevie and Lindsey era gal, but The Mac is not complete without Christine McVie. The Mac is my go to band. There is a song for every part of my life and every emotion I am feeling. If Fleetwood Mac can't help me through, no one can.
- •Stevie NicksStevie is the love of my life. Everything about this woman is truly amazing. I don't really know what else to say. A true poet.
- •HeartAnn and Nancy are real life goddesses. The talent and the voices of these two sisters is indescribable. I've seen them twice in concert and they put on a rocking show. I would see them a 100 times.
- •Grace SlickThere is something just so haunting in Grace Slick's voice. From Jefferson Airplane to Starship to her solo stuff. If she is singing I will love it.
- •Maria Doyle KennedyY'all didn't know Mrs. S. from Orphan Black sang did ya? Maria is a fabulous actress but also an amazing singer. She is adorable and talented and she performs with her husband, which is adorable.
- •Sarah BrightmanSarah has such a range of music. There's classical, pop, and lots of cultural influences. Each album is its own unique entity. She has a voice of an angel. Her music is fun, calming, and beautiful.
- •EnyaHer music makes me feel like I'm floating on a cloud of calm. Everything is just beautiful. I find her great to do homework to. Also Orinoco Flow is my jam.
- •BlondieThere's something about Debbie Harry that I love. I don't know why Blondie is just awesome.
- •Florence & the MachineI feel free when I listen to Florence. I just feel like dancing.
- •Pat BenatarPat and her husband are adorable and make awesome music that I can jam to all day.
- •Siouxsie SiouxSiouxsie is a recent addition to this list. I'm completely obsessed and I've been listening to her stuff for days. Siouxsie is just badass, her look, her voice, her attitude.