The Struggles of Living With Glasses
I had contacts for a long time but they are so expensive and I'm lazy.
- •They are always dirtyI don't know how. Sometimes I don't notice.
- •They are constantly sliding down my faceThis is because Timmy constantly rips them of my face and tosses them across the room. I also fall asleep with them on sometimes.
- •I take them off and I can't find themThis happens more often than I would like to admit.
- •I can't see my legs when I'm shavingIt's all about the feel.
- •Rain is a pain in the assI need windshield wipers for my glasses
- •Temperature changes ends up in momentary blindnessSteam blasted from ovens, coming into a warm building after being out in the cold, putting them on after a shower, and drinking nice warm drinks. There's many more I'm sure.
- •They get in the way when exercisingThey slide more because I'm all sweaty. Sometimes they fall off my face while doing yoga. I
- •Safety goggles over glassesI've had many chemistry and biology labs. This was a struggle.
- •Swimming is an adventureStay 2 feet in front of me so I can see you. This was hard at camp while I had to be in the pool and watch the campers. Thank god there's always a lifeguard.
- •Caving at camp was also an adventureWe would go crawling through this dark tight cave. First it's dark. I can't see very well in the dark and flashlights only provide so much. I couldn't wear my glasses because guess what? They fog because the cave is cold and my body is warm and sweaty. Then when we get to the cool spots I can't see anything clearly because my glasses are outside the cave.
- •Reading can be a struggle.Sometimes I need my glasses. Sometimes I don't. It all depends on what position I'm in and how far the book is from my face. And we all know how often the reading position changes.
- •Every year from 2nd grade to the time I was 21 my eyes got worse and I had to get a new pair.I've reached the point in my life that they are finally staying the same. Now I have two pairs of glasses and I only wear the one. That is for awhile until I need reading glasses or something.
- •UPDATE: Tear stainsWhen you cry and your glasses get all stained with your tears. I don't know how I could forget this because it happens like once a week.