What I Wanted to Be Growing Up, Chronologically
- •ActorAs a kid this is what I wanted to do. I made up plays with my sister and friends and I was the star, the writer, and the director.
- •Forensic ScientistAfter I started watching CSI in 7th grade I became fascinated in the world of forensics and crime solving. It just pulled the 12 year old me in and there was no going back.
- •Forensic AnthropologistFrom the premiere of Bones I watched in 8th grade I knew this is what I wanted to do. This was the forensics I was into.
- •High School Biology TeacherI love biology. For a brief time my freshman year of college I wanted to teach biology until I realized I couldn't do anthropology too.
- •ArchaeologistAfter biology teacher went out the door I thought a perfect combination of my love of history, anthropology, and biology could be put to use as an archaeologist who specialized in human remains.
- •Medical AnthropologistMy senior year of college I thought this would be good for me. Biology was rough for me in college and I figured this would be easier. I had no self confidence. It would still has an aspect of biology and science, but still very culturally focused and I could help people.
- •Forensic Anthropologist cont.Now that I have taken some time off and thought about what I really want to do Forensic Anthropology is it. I've wanted to do this for the longest time. Forensics has always been something I was interested in and anthropology is my love. I doubted myself and I'm tired of that. I'm now applying to master's programs to start this part of my life that was clearly destined to happen.