WHAT I LIKE ABOUT BEING A CELEB
Well I'm not really a celebrity in the glamorous sense. I don't get chased down the street, nobody sends me wonderful designer dresses to wear and I am not seen at the best events. But apparently my mug does get recognised. A lot. Which can sometimes be quite nice. Here's why :
- •Cute young boys come up to me to tell me they adore me.
- •Cute young girls in braces want to take photos with me.
- •Their mums want to hug and kiss me though I suspect I'm a surrogate for Dad.
- •Their Dads luckily don't want to kiss and hug me.
- •I get pretty good service in shops especially if I agree to take photos with the staff afterwards.
- •People are not shy to tell me that they read my columns and think they are spot on. ( Ok now go buy the book!)
- •Some people think I inherited the best of Dad.
- •I can always request to meet someone and 9 times out of 10, they'll say yes, mostly out of curiosity.
- •I get to eat some great meals for free.