Background for Tonight's Debate
Read up on Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Martin O’Malley, Jim Webb, and Lincoln Chafee before they take to the stage tonight.
- •Amy Davidson, “The Hillary Debates” http://nyr.kr/1PrOGXCHas she learned from the mistakes she made in 2008?
- •Margaret Talbot, “Bernie Sanders, The Populist Prophet” http://nyer.cm/pJ26FTHThe gruff Vermont senator has spent decades attacking inequality. Now the country is listening.
- •John Cassidy, “A Real Democratic Challenger for Hillary Clinton?” http://nyer.cm/smRmgKjJohn Cassidy considered Martin O’Malley’s chances shortly before he announced his candidacy.
- •Peter Boyer, “The Appalachian Problem” http://nyer.cm/zlqvloOA 2008 story on Jim Webb’s Scots-Irish influences and his Appalachian Clout.
- •Hendrik Hertzberg, “Thump” http://nyr.kr/1K7pwqfLincoln Chafee was a registered Republican until 2007. How the former Rhode Island governor went from center-right to center-left.