THINGS I LOVE ABOUT THE MONSTER TRUCKS TRAILER
Earlier this week the trailer for Paramount's Monster Trucks premiered. I encourage you all to watch it. It is at https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uQrj2M-2Uiw
- •The premise which is at once both extremely literal and incredibly confusing.
- •The confused look on the villains face when he sees the monster truck climb up a building. He is not in awe but rather as confused by the film's premise as the audience.
- •The lack of clarity as to whether the monsters live in trucks or rather the power to move trucks is something the main guy discovers.
- •The fact that every person in the town seems to be a model.
- •The way the main actress says "I touched his eye."
- •The diss the main actress says to the main actor who seems to be at least 25: "last week you were riding a bicycle."
- •That when the main actress touches the creatures eye her hand is clearly floating over it due to either bad VFX or a budget shortfall in VFX
- •The fact that this film supposedly cost 150 million dollars.
- •The unclear objective of the villains except that they don't like monster trucks (by which I mean monsters that live in trucks and also power them).
- •The fact that the monster trucks also make engine noises even though again they seem to be powered by quiet non engine noise making monsters.
- •The fact that the trailer seems to have been released under duress.
- •Danny Glover
- •The way the start of the trailer with the Fat Friend has a lot of import in that a crowd has gathered around a truck hole but I don't think a crowd would necessarily gather around a truck hole.
- •The part with the horse
- •The brief shot of a pile of monsters I think which leads to a lot of monster trucks (by which I mean monsters in trucks that also power them) I think. But again can't be sure due to sounds of engines not monsters.
- •January 2017 cannot come soon enough.