Baked Dessert Dishes
My ranking of baked dessert dishes, distinguished from other types of desserts by the fact that they mostly exist as a singular dish and don't need other accompaniments.
- •BrowniesEqual parts fudge and cookie. Customizable. Excellent on its own, almost better with vanilla ice cream.
- •CheesecakeFully competent stand alone dish, but at its best when covered by any variety of jellied fruit syrup, and impossible to eat on the go.
- •Cookies'Cookies are better than cake' - Magic Mike. Nuff said.
- •Cake Based ConfectionsCake pops, cupcakes, cake bites, etd. Generally covers in fondant and frosting making them a less capable home made snack.
- •Creme BrûléeLacking in crust and ease, makes up for it delicious creamy texture and the sweet satisfaction of that sugar topping breaking.
- •CakeLarge size of cake means it's often dried out in various places and isn't truly special and flavorful without frosting.
- •Pies, Custard BasedFrench Silk, Coconut Cream, Pumpkin - smooth and creamy with just the right amount of crunchy bite from the crusts.
- •Cobblers and CrumblesThe deconstruction and reversal of the crust and fruit filling makes each element better through different kinds of heat. All fruit based desserts benefit from vanilla ice cream and are almost inedible on their own.
- •Pies, Fruit Based
- •Are you a swerving of fruit, or a post dinner sweet craving? Make up your mind, pie.