Allow Me to Listroduce™ Myself
An appropriate first list
- •My name is Pradnya NindhitaIt's sanskrit so I basically share the same first name with Indians and Balinese. I'm none of them.
- •It's really difficult to pronounce for a lot of peoplePrad-ña, not Pra-dee-nee-a or any of the variations
- •My given nickname is NikenAsk my parents about it
- •I don't know why I'm being open about this onlineHopefully it will not affect negatively
- •My brother also has completely different given nicknameMy parents love to confuse people around I guess
- •My last name is not my father's nameIn our culture it is not necessary to have family name
- •But I have to add my name if I want to go to Saudi ArabiaThree names name is a must in passport
- •My primary school is really professional about itI don't think I have to explain the name situation until I was in secondary school when I moved away
- •Friends like to give me new nicknamesNicksey is one of them, which I don't mind because they can spell and pronounce my real name
- •There are people who think I'm part IndianUnderstandable, although it should not happen that often. The last time I was asked this was last Tuesday
- •There is only one other person I know that exists with this nameBut she doesn't have the silent H and her nickname is Rara. The last time I checked we have one mutual friends on Facebook
- •I'm really proud of my nameIt's a unique name with beautiful meaning behind it that acts like a prayer my parents have for me.