10 THINGS I HAVE TO ASSUME THAT PIRATES REALLY SAID
The only research put into this was years of pop culture observation.
- •Ahoy!As in "Ships ahoy!" and later, the tastier "Chips ahoy!"
- •Avast ye!I know not what this means.
- •Yo ho.Kermit the Frog uses the evolved "Hi ho," in his day-to-day speech.
- •Booty.Treasured innuendo.
- •Shiver me timbers.More innuendo.
- •Thar she blows.Thar it is. Right thar.
- •Walk the plankI hope pirates really said this.
- •Arrrggghhh!A pirate's favorite letter.
- •Aye, aye.Unless they have an eyepatch, then it's just, "aye."
- •Scurvy scum.Great pirate insult. Cured with Vitamin C.