10 THINGS I HAVE TO ASSUME THAT PIRATES REALLY SAID
The only research put into this was years of pop culture observation.
- 1.Ahoy!As in "Ships ahoy!" and later, the tastier "Chips ahoy!"
- 2.Avast ye!I know not what this means.
- 3.Yo ho.Kermit the Frog uses the evolved "Hi ho," in his day-to-day speech.
- 4.Booty.Treasured innuendo.
- 5.Shiver me timbers.More innuendo.
- 6.Thar she blows.Thar it is. Right thar.
- 7.Walk the plankI hope pirates really said this.
- 8.Arrrggghhh!A pirate's favorite letter.
- 9.Aye, aye.Unless they have an eyepatch, then it's just, "aye."
- 10.Scurvy scum.Great pirate insult. Cured with Vitamin C.