AMERICA'S KITSCHIEST PLACES
I love everything kitsch.
- •Graceland - The King's palace of kitsch. You have to see it to believe it. The Jungle room is worth the price of admission alone.
- •Weeki Wachee Mermaids - It's hard to choose just one example from the State that practically embraces kitsch like a religion but I think this example is apt.
- •Dollywood - Don't just visit, pick yourself up a trunk load of souvenirs. Tennessee again represents.
- •Branson, MO - Redneck Vegas without the gambling. A replica of the Titanic and a residency by 80s comedian Yakov Smirnoff, need I say more.
- •Downtown Las Vegas - Don't get me wrong, the strip is pretty tacky in it's own right but for some old school kitsch check out the downtown casinos.
- •Roswell, NM - U.F.O. conspiracy mecca. The truth is out there.
- •South of the Border - The ultimate rest stop. Beware of imposters.
- •The Mall of America - Over 5 million square feet of Capitalist glory including a Nickelodeon theme park.