A metaphor for college
can you guess who has midterms this week
- •This FUCKING scene from the movie "The Impossible": https://youtu.be/v4oWUFH19FsPlease watch it. It gives me ~chills~ every time
- •You start off the semester feelin good. Syllabus week, you see your friends again, everything is chill
- •But then...
- •Things start picking up and you get a bad feeling
- •Professors start assigning bucketfuls of homework, you don't understand what's going on in class...
- •And out of fucking nowhere comes HELL WEEKThree tests, a lab report due, and homework all at once
- •You're drowning you're drowning you're drowningEverything sucks. You forget what a good nights rest feels like, and the only break you get is playing solitaire on the toilet
- •But then hell week is over and you can come up for a breath of airBut like you still have homework and other responsibilities so ya still gotta tread water
- •There are some casualtiesPeople drop classes or change majors so those of you left cling to each other for dear life
- •But right when you think you're doing fine...
- •A SECOND FUCKING WAVE OF MIDTERMS HITS YOU HARD(I couldn't find a gif of that moment of the actual movie and also I hope that guy is okay :///)
- •And maybe you make it out alive but maybe you don'tAnd do NOT even get me started on finals
- •But then the semester ends and you get a month or two off and you think it wasn't that badSo you go back to the metaphorical beach and repeat the process like 7 more times